Bullying is when someone does or says things to hurt the other person on purpose..
It can make you feel sad, scared, worried and lonely.
You should always remember:
- Bullying is never OK
- Bullying is not funny
- Bullying is not just part of growing up
- Being bullied is never your fault
- Bullying is never deserved
Everyone has the right to feel safe. Bullies have lots of ways to make someone feel bad.
Bullies may do things to hurt someone:
- Pushing, punching, and hurting you,
- Taking things from you – stealing your lunch, a toy, your bag
- Damaging something of yours – breaking things, writing or drawing on things, ripping things up
Bullies may SAY things or DO things to hurt someone
- Calling you names
- Putting you down – making you feel small, different, or alone
- Shouting, yelling and swearing
- Talking about you behind your back
- Saying or doing things to make others laugh at you
- Spreading rumours about you
- Playing pranks to embarrass you
Bullies may send you messages and stalk you on social media to hurt you. This is called cyber bullying. You can read more about cyber bullying here.